Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TRISTA+RYAN4EVAH

From the BBC:
A Nigerian man with 86 wives, Mohammadu Bello Abubakar, has been arrested by an Islamic court for refusing to divorce all but four of them.
"So I only have four roses, and as you can plainly see, there are 86 of you. And again, I'd like to apologize for the seating arrangements, they promised they'd have more chairs. Also, I would like to apologize for the excessive bigotry. Anyway, let's get this thing started. The first rose is for... wife #67."

"Me?"

"Oh, no. You're wife #67?"

"Yes."

"Oh, no, I meant you, to the right. The one with the glasses, what's your number?"

"52."

"Huh, I could have sworn you were 67. You know this would have been easier if you had all worn the numbered hats I handed out earlier." 

"The hats were ugly and crudely made from old newspaper."

"Look 52, do you want to be one of my four wives or not?"

"My name is Karen."

"I think it's clear we're beyond the name phase of our relationship." 

No comments: